ForwardVia Shipping Insurance Terms
1. FowardVia Shipping Insurance is oﬀered by us to cover both the cost of shipment and damages to outgoing shipments due to loss or damage from external causes during shipment. The fee for the service we provided is strictly non-refundable.
2. Extended Shipping insurance is optional and it is your responsibility to insure the Goods for shipping from the UK Delivery Address to your Shipment Address. It is always recommended to insure your Goods to its full value. Shipping insurance does not cover Goods that are prohibited and restricted to be imported into your country
3. Shipping insurance cover is not available for shipping services without tracking
4. Depending on the Carrier or shipping services, for tracked shipping we include between £25 – £50 of Standard insurance cover on the shipping cost you paid us and eligible items at no charge
5. Extended insurance coverage is available for shipping using Courier at a cost of £5 per £100 unit of insured value. This rate is not prorated for partial units of £100
6. For Royal Mail with tracking, the additional insurance coverage up to a maximum of £300 is available at a cost of £5 per £100 unit of insured value. This rate is not prorated for partial units of £100
7. For 2-legged shipping service via BPost, additional insurance coverage up to a maximum of £100 is available at a cost of £5.
8. Shipping insurance coverage using Courier including DHL, DPD, UPS is limited to a total value of £2,500.00 per parcel or per multi-parcel shipment.
9. If you elect to purchase Extended ForwardVia Shipping Insurance, you must insure the entire declared value of your parcel and shipping cost or up to the maximum shipping insurance available for the selected Carrier.
10. ForwardVia insured values cannot exceed the actual value of the items. Values on your customs declaration are used to determine the ForwardVia insured value.
11. In case of damage to items in a delivered parcel, or loss of individual items within a delivered parcel, claims must be submitted to our ForwardVia Support within 3 calendar days of delivery. After 3 days, we are unable to process any damage claim.
- You will be responsible for providing photographic evidence of damaged items, and any other documentation we may request to substantiate the claim.
- In case of loss of an individual item within a package, parcels must be opened in the presence of the delivery agent and an oﬃcial complaint must be ﬁled with the delivery carrier. Evidence of this ﬁling must be provided to us to substantiate your claim.
12. ForwardVia Shipping Insurance covers only damage or loss occurring in transit, after a parcel leaves our warehouse. Damage occurring prior to shipment or prior to receipt in our warehouse is not covered.
13. ForwardVia Shipping Insurance does NOT cover ﬁnancial damages arising from any of the following circumstances:
- Delay, loss or non-delivery due to the actions of any government authority, including customs and border protection authorities.
- Damages arising from a loss of market value, decay, or defects in the product itself.
- Incidental or cosmetic damage to product packaging, when the item itself is undamaged.
- Claims for reimbursement of postage fees for delivery delays, whatever the cause.
- Leakage or damages caused to the package or items by leakage of another product
14. The following conditions, if applicable, render ForwardVia Shipping Insurance void:
- Any items in the parcel were shipped in violation of our shipping terms, including prohibited items or items inaccurately declared on customs documents.
- Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of parcel is due to the parcel being insuﬃciently addressed for delivery.
- Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of parcel is due to the parcel containing items which were not properly disclosed, including but not limited to: lithium-ion batteries, perfume, or any prohibited items.
- Delivery is attempted by the carrier.
- Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival due to an act of war or war-like actions.
- You initiate a payment dispute or chargeback action against prior payments made to us.
- Contents within your shipment contain any of the Prohibited and Restricted items listed in 16 and 17 below.
15. Claims are paid out into your PayPal account. Once you accepted the claims and payment has been made, the case is considered close.
16. Prohibited Goods
Prohibited items are excluded from the shipping insurance cover. Items that are prohibited for import into your countries are excluded from the shipping insurance cover. It is your responsibility to ensure that the items can be shipped to your country. List of prohibited items are
- Animals, Animal Products, Animal Skins, Animal Fur, Animal Parts, Live Animals
- Alcoholic beverages and related products
- Batteries – loose batteries i.e. laptop batteries, power bank
- Body Parts
- Cash & Travellers Cheques
- Clinical and medical waste
- Biological samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Complete original and imitation firearms and firearm parts, (includes rifle butts, trigger mechanisms, screws / bolts etc which are manufactured for the sole purpose of creating a functional firearm), ammunition, explosives
- Counterfeit currency, bank notes and postage stamps
- Counterfeit goods
- Credit, Debit, Bank Cards
- Drugs – including all over-the-counter, prescription or non-prescription and legal drugs as well as illegal drugs / narcotics
- Environmental Waste
- Explosives and ammunition
- Flammable liquids or spray – lighters / Perfume / Aftershave / Nail Varnish / Nail Varnish Remover / Adhesives / Paint
- Goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination
- Human Remain & Ashes
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and/or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Indecent, obscene or offensive material
- Infectious Substances
- Legal or illegal highs
- Living creatures
- Living plants or organisms
- Lottery tickets
- Medicines not approved for sale in the origin or destination countries
- Mobile phone SIM card
- Official documents (e.g. Passport, Driving license, Certificate of Incorporation, etc.) including both genuine and fake documents
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxide
- Perishable food including frozen food
- Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances
- Foods that are restricted for import into the destination country
- Precious metals and stones
- Radioactive materials
- Real or imitation firearms, parts thereof
- Sharp Instruments
- Tobacco and nicotine related products including e-cigarettes
- UN2814 or UN2900
- Unidentified substances or items that in our opinion could be any of the other items on this list
17. Restricted Goods
Restricted Goods may be shipped in certain circumstances with limited liability. The following items are restricted goods and have limited Standard and Extended Shipping Insurance liability cover. If it is not covered, you are shipping entirely at your own risk, understanding that there is no compensation for loss, damage or non-delivery.
|Item||Conditions||Loss liability cover||Damage liability cover|
|Articles of exceptional value – i.e. Works of art, Antiques||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Autoparts||Must be flushed through and not contain oil. No airbags||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Liquids of any variety, including make-up such as mascara and lip gloss, shower gel, lotions and creams||-||Not covered||Not covered|
|Any used or second hand goods or goods that are deemed as "not working" on arrival||-||Yes||Not covered|
|"Breakable" plastic items||-||Yes||Not covered|
|Discs, Tapes, memory Cards||-||Yes||Not covered|
|Glass, Mirror, Ceramic, Marble, Pottery, Resin or similar items||-||Not covered||Not covered|
|Any food items||-||Not covered||Not covered|
|Jewellery, Costume Jewellery, Watches & objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Electrical items and white goods for example but not exclusively: Televisions, Laptops, Computers, Monitors, Mobile Telephones, Computer Chips, CPUs, Circuit Boards||If shipped by Courier only i.e. DHL, UPS. Maximum of 2 batteries per shipment. Dry cell only.||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Printer ink or cartridges||Carrier restrictions apply - please contact us||Not covered||Not covered|