Forwardvia is owned and operated by Shop and Ship Limited (Forwardvia, we, us), a UK company registered in England and Wales under company number 9795097.
The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sitecom(our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our services, purchase our services on our site and when you report a problem with our site or the Services, when requesting any information from us, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services or if you enter any competition or promotion that we sponsored. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report usage information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The data that we collect from you is processed by employee who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services
We may collect information about your computer, operating system and browser type and we may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
Google analytics is a web analytics service provider provided by Google Inc. Google analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate a visitor’s use of our website.
Google stores the information collection by the cookie on their servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and the purposes set out above.
For more information on the cookie set by Google analytics, including information on how to opt out please go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
In addition, we may use Google’s remarketing technology to advertise online. In doing so, Google will place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your computer and will use non-personal information about your browser and your activity on our sites to serve ads on their content network.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and, to fulfill your orders, we may pass on information held about you to our sub-contractors, including delivery service providers. Depending upon the requirements of your individual order, such third parties may be based and/or operate outside the EEA
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, troubleshooting, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure third party servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and stored on our third party servers; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, including us. We cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by internet link or by email. Any such loss shall be entirely your responsibility.
Your browser will go into secure mode when you proceed to the Checkout. Data relating to your order and your personal details will all pass to our server in an encrypted format. As soon as you have finished ordering you will exit secure mode.
All payment transactions will be processed on our behalf by Stripe and PayPal. This means that your credit/debit card details are provided directly to PayPal and Stripe are never revealed to us. We do not store any of your financial details such as credit card numbers. PayPal and Stripe operates a secure server to process your payment details. PayPal and Stripeencrypts your credit/debit card information and authorises payment.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Shop and Ship Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shop and Ship Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can update or correct your personal details at any time by logging in to ‘My Account’. You can request us to remove your personal information by terminating your account or contacting Support. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process your orders or to comply with our service obligations.